Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #1 on 11.5

The video was really neat. Before I can teach my students how to do this I'll need to learn myself. Here is what is silently going on in my mind... will I be able to schedule enough computer time if I embark my students in this? Would I be able to learn enough quickly to begin this type of teaching? Would the time needed to network like this allow me to still complete the curriculum required? Now, let me answer some of my own questions since I've thrown up roadblocks in front of myself...1. Scheduling time...it can be done if I plan far enough in advance and make sure that I am prepared. 2. My learning...I could do it...it'll take me a while to get really confident in my ability... I anticipate lots of trial and error. 3. Completing the curriculum...this part is nonnegotiable... I have to get it done and done well, so this type of learning my have to be placed on the back burner at times.

1 comment:

  1. I respect your sharing your roadblocks with us - and more importantly your solutions or detours to get around them!

    I don't the argument is do I have time to do this or do the curriculum. The secret is to integrate them - do the curriculum through these tools. Of course, depending on the grade level, there is time involved in teaching the tools to the student - but you could do that with curriculum, too.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete