Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #11 Digital Citizenship

I believe this topic is of paramount importance in this day and age of technology. In their natural curiosity kids can open themselves up to so many things and people that could possibly hurt them...if not immediately, then in the future. I think learning Digital Citizenship is a crucial topic to teach.


I don't think students and to some extent adults realize how important protecting your personal information is. In some situations I'm nervous about giving out my own address let alone other information some sites request.

I would tell my students first of all to make sure they are not misrepresenting themselves.  That dishonesty in all situations looks bad on them for a long time.  They should know that they are accountable to any and all information posted in their online work and projects.   With that being said they should never take anything they read as the absolute honest truth and that they should have more than one source of information to validate what they are reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment