Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #10 Virtual Worlds

I still haven't received my email about virtual world and when I tried to sign up again, I was blocked saying that I had too many avatars.  Not quite sure how this happened,so in order to experience this "thing" I looked over the shoulder of my loving husbands as he navigated through this virtual world.

By far this will become an addiction to some.  The graphics are awesome and those of curious mind to explore have found a new playground.  I was surprised to find out how real this second life is.  You actually have to get "money" somehow.  Meaning your avatar has to get a job...very applicable in the real world for our kiddos.  Interacting with people was interesting.  They weren't as polite as I feel folks should be upon first meetings.  Replies were short and curt.  As a class we could discuss how to the characters could interacts better.  

This blog is going to edited several times as my view change.


No comments:

Post a Comment